Military Veterans Admissions Checklist
Here are all the steps you'll need to claim Veteran's benefits while attending AHU. After that, the admission process is the same as high-school or transfer students.
All students receiving VA educational benefits must follow all AdventHealth University admission and registration procedures. Veterans and other persons eligible to receive VA educational benefits must be aware of current policies that apply.
In accordance with Title 38 US Code 3679 subsection (e), this school adopts the following additional provisions for any students using U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs (VA) Post 9/11 G.I. Bill® (Ch. 33) or Vocational Rehabilitation & Employment (Ch. 31) benefits, while payment to the institution is pending from the VA. This school will not:
- Prevent the student’s enrollment;
- Assess a late penalty fee to the student;
- Require the student to secure alternative or additional funding;
- Deny the student access to any resources (access to classes, libraries, or other institutional facilities) available to other students who have satisfied their tuition and fee bills to the institution.
However, to qualify for this provision, such students may be required to:
- Produce the VA Certificate of Eligibility (COE) by the first day of class;
- Provide a written request to be certified;
- Provide additional information needed to properly certify the enrollment as described in other institutional policies
Requirements for claiming Veteran's benefits
Veteran: Never applied for benefits
If you have never applied for benefits before, complete Form 22-1990, Application for VA Education Benefits, at the Veterans Affairs website.
Veteran: Have used benefits before
If you have used benefits before, but are changing schools or programs, complete Form 22-1995, Request for Change of Program or Place of Training.
Veteran: DD Form 214
If you were honorably discharged, submit a copy of your Member 4 DD214 to the University.
Dependents: Relationship to Veteran
Dependents must prove their relationship to a veteran by providing a birth certificate or marriage license to the University.
Dependents: Never applied for benefits
If you have never applied for benefits before, complete Form 22-5490, Dependents' Application for VA Education Benefits.
Dependents: Have used benefits before
If you have used benefits before, but are changing schools or programs, complete Form 22-5495, Dependent's Request for Change of Program or Place of Training
Certificate of Eligibility
Upon completing the necessary Veterans Affairs applications and processes, you will receive a certificate of eligibility. Submit a copy of that certificate to Adventist University of Health Sciences.
VA Responsibilities and Certification
Complete the AHU VA Responsibilities and Certification form
VA Statement of Understanding
Complete the AHU VA Statement of Understanding form.