AHU Orlando and Denver Campus Access as of November 22, 2021
Last Updated November 24, 2021, 10:00 a.m. EST
In accordance with our service standard of keep me safe, AHU guidelines surrounding the COVID-19 endemic are constantly being evaluated and updated in an ongoing basis. This page will reflect the latest updates and guidelines pertaining to COVID-19.
What this means for students, faculty, staff, and visitors:
- Masks are still required for those individuals who are not fully vaccinated except when outdoors.
- Faculty, staff, or student workers who are vaccinated and have a COVID-19 vaccination sticker on their university ID page have the option to wear a mask.
- Students, faculty, and staff should wear their university ID badge while on campus, and comply with applicable guidelines when visiting the Orlando or Denver hospital facilities next to AHU or other community locations where faculty and students may go for outside class work.
- Everyone regardless of vaccination status should social distance at least 3’ except for brief encounters where it may not be possible, such as in an elevator.
- Access to some campus areas may be limited until further notice.
- Most service departments will continue to serve students remotely until further notice. However, some limited services may be available on campus. Before coming to campus, please confirm the specific office hours for when a particular department may be staffed for any in person meetings.
Campus Visitors and Tours
- All guests will be checked in and given a name tag. If you are not fully vaccinated a mask will be provided and will need to be worn while indoors.
- No more than four visitors plus the tour guide will be allowed on campus at any given time. Only two tours per day will be scheduled, one in the morning and afternoon Monday through Friday. Visitors who are not fully vaccinated will be required to wear the supplied surgical grade mask and social distance at least 3 feet during the tour.
- Walk-ins will be accommodated if capacity allows. However, it is recommended that all visitors schedule an appointment for a tour prior to arrival.
It is critical that everyone comply with these guidelines. Failure to do so unnecessarily places your colleagues and friends at risk for contracting COVID-19 and may even impact whether the AHU campuses may remain open.
We strongly encourage everyone to get vaccinated, if you have not already done so. The benefit far outweighs the risks associated with a COVID-19 infection.
These guidelines may be updated to comply with changes made by AdventHealth, state, or federal authorities. Thank you for complying with these new guidelines as we live out the service standard to Keep Me Safe.
Additional sources related to this announcement may be found here:
- Visit Vaccines.gov for community opportunities.
- AdventHealth offers vaccines at six Centra Care locations.
- Latest Clinical Bulletin from AdventHealth
You may direct comments or questions regarding this announcement to: Lonnie.firstname.lastname@example.org
For fully vaccinated individuals with COVID-19 vaccination stickers on their university ID badges, masks are optional.