EligibilityIn general, you must meet the following criteria:
- Be accepted as a degree-seeking student, or
- Be accepted as a certificate-seeking student in an eligible program (State grants are not available)
- Be making Satisfactory Academic Progress for financial aid
- Be a U.S. citizen, national or permanent resident alien
- Enroll at least half time (6 credits)
- Not be in default on prior student loans
- Not owe a repayment or overpayment of a federal grant
- Be registered for Selective Service
- Have a high school diploma or GED certificate
How to Apply
You must complete a new FAFSA each year.
You must also submit some new documents each year.
It is best to begin this process AFTER you have filed your taxes.
You can begin your Financial Aid Process while you are waiting for your acceptance.
- ADU General Admissions Application
Applicants are required to submit an online application found at www.adu.edu/apply. Once an application is started, the applicant’s ADU ID number (also referred to as the username) and password are created at the same time. Please write down this information. These credentials should be used to log in to my.adu.edu.
- Federal Financial Aid Application
Complete your FAFSA at www.fafsa.ed.gov. ADU School Code: 031155 As soon as we receive your FAFSA we will send you an e-mail and a letter to your mailing address with further instructions. You may make corrections to your FAFSA if needed.
- ADU Financial Aid Application
Please complete your ADU application. Please go to www.my.adu.edu, click the financial services link, then the financial aid link . Next, click the “Menu” icon at the top left of the page, then click the word “Applications”. Please complete and submit the form. Please remember to click the drop-down in the upper left hand corner to change the academic year if needed. If you have any questions about you credit hours for each trimester please contact your Academic/Program Counselor.
- Documents & Messages
Click on the “Documents” Tab and submit all required documents for processing Financial aid will be awarded after you are accepted to ADU and all documents are received.
- Online Financial Aid System
The Financial Aid System allows you to see:
- General Financial Aid Important Information
- AHU Application
- Loans & Loan history
- Access forms
- Disbursement of Aid
Disbursement of financial aid will begin approximately 2-3 weeks following Drop/Add. Additional disbursements will be posted. Once the disbursements are posted, you may view them at my.adu.edu. Charges will be deducted at that time. Any remaining amount of financial aid will be processed as a refund. If charges remain on your account after disbursements or if subsequent charges are made to your student account, it is your responsibility to pay for them.
- We recommend completing your taxes first.
- Respond promptly to any requests and notify us immediately if you move or change your telephone number.
- When completing the FAFSA your name should be exactly the same as indicated on your Social Security Card.
- Use the IRS Data Retrieval Tool if you are eligible when completing the FAFSA. Using this tool may lower your probability of being selected for verification and providing additional documents for that process.