Financial Aid Eligibility
In general, you must meet the following criteria to be eligible for financial aid:
- Be enrolled or accepted for enrollment as a regular student in an eligible degree or certificate program
- Maintain satisfactory academic progress in a college or university.
- Be a U.S. citizen, national or permanent resident alien
- Be enrolled at least half-time (6 credits for undergraduates and 4 credits for graduate students at AHU) to be eligible for the Direct Loan Program
- Not be in default on prior student loans
- Not owe a repayment or overpayment of a federal grant
- Have a valid Social Security number (except for students from the Republic of the Marshall Islands, Federated States of Micronesia, or the Republic of Palau)
- Sign the certification statement on the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA®) form stating that you’re not in default on a federal student loan, you do not owe money on a federal student grant, and you’ll only use federal student aid for educational purposes
- Show you are qualified to obtain a college education
- Having a high school diploma or a recognized equivalent such as a General Educational Development (GED) certificate
- Completing a high school education in a homeschool setting approved under state law (or—if state law does not require a homeschooled student to obtain a completion credential—completing a high school education in a homeschool setting that qualifies as an exemption from compulsory attendance requirements under state law)
Applying for Financial Aid
You must complete a new FAFSA each year. You must also submit some new documents each year. It is best to begin this process after you have filed your taxes. You can begin your Financial Aid Process while you are waiting for your acceptance.
- AHU General Admissions Application
- Federal Financial Aid Application
- AHU Financial Aid Application
- Documents and Messages
- Online Financial Aid System
- Disbursement of Aid
Let's Get Started
We can’t wait to learn more about you and watch you succeed in the classroom, in clinics and in our state-of-art labs. Start your application today.