AdventHealth University is a Seventh-day Adventist institution specializing in healthcare education in a faith-affirming environment. Service-oriented and guided by the values of nurture, excellence, spirituality, and stewardship, the University seeks to develop leaders who will practice healthcare as a ministry.
AdventHealth University is a leader in healthcare education, transforming the science and practice of whole-person care and developing influential professionals of uncommon compassion.
AHU fosters NURTURE by creating a respectful, inclusive, supportive, and empowering environment for all.
AHU expands EXCELLENCE by advancing innovative teaching, experiential learning, and serious scholarship.
AHU cultivates SPIRITUALITY by offering opportunities for all to grow in relationship with God.
AHU promotes STEWARDSHIP by optimizing human potential, positive relationships, and valuable resources.
The AHU graduate will
- be a caring professional who possesses a willingness to nurture other individuals
- be an effective communicator who possesses appropriate verbal, nonverbal and written skills
- be a critical thinker who gathers, analyzes, and uses relevant knowledge
- exhibit the ethical and moral characteristics of a Christian professional, treating everyone with respect and dignity
- demonstrate professional expertise by passing appropriate professional examinations and exhibiting proficiencies
- fulfill social, civic, environmental and community service
- be a lifelong learner who pursues excellence and the ongoing acquisition of knowledge and professional expertise
in the practice of healthcare as a ministry.