AHU Orlando and Denver Campus Access as of 23 July 2021
Last Updated July 23 , 2021, 1:00 p.m. EDT
Health care providers across the US report a significant increase in COVID-19 infections, hospitalizations, and deaths primarily among the unvaccinated population. The Delta variant is far more virulent than previous strains. The sharpest increases are occurring in states with the lowest vaccination rates. This new reality requires AHU to immediately update our campus guidelines to keep you safe.
What this means for students, faculty, staff, and visitors:
- Everyone regardless of vaccination status is required to wear a mask except when outdoors or while eating or drinking indoors in designated areas like the NESS cafe. A disposable surgical grade mask will be provided at the check-in station. Cloth masks are not permitted.
- Faculty, staff, or student workers who are vaccinated and working in a cubicle or office space alone and/or social distanced from others are not required to wear a mask while working at that location.
- Students, faculty, and staff should comply with applicable guidelines when visiting the Orlando or Denver hospital facilities next to AHU or other community locations where faculty and students may go for outside class work.
- Everyone regardless of vaccination status should social distance at least 3’ except for brief encounters where it may not be possible, such as in an elevator.
- Access to some campus areas may be limited until further notice.
- Most service departments will continue to serve students remotely until further notice. However, some limited services may be available on campus. Before coming to campus, please confirm the specific office hours for when a particular department may be staffed for any in person meetings.
It is critical that everyone comply with these guidelines. Failure to do so unnecessarily places your colleagues and friends at risk for contracting COVID-19 and may even impact whether the AHU campuses may remain open.
We strongly encourage everyone to get vaccinated, if you have not already done so. The benefit far outweighs the risks associated with a COVID-19 infection.
These guidelines may be updated to comply with changes made by AdventHealth, state, or federal authorities. Thank you for complying with these new guidelines as we live out the service standard to Keep Me Safe.
Additional sources related to this announcement may be found here:
- Visit Vaccines.gov for community opportunities.
- AdventHealth offers vaccines at six Centra Care locations.
- Latest Clinical Bulletin from AdventHealth
You may direct comments or questions regarding this announcement to: Lonnie.email@example.com
Masks are still required when indoors on the AHU campus.
This includes walking to and from campus and while inside all parking garages.