If you feel ill, have been exposed to someone with COVID, or test positive for COVID-19, please plan to recover at home. The university continues to monitor COVID-19 community transmission rates and CDC recommendations.
Your safety and well-being remain our top priorities.
Thank you for your patience, flexibility and understanding, and compassion for others.
Health and Safety
Please remember the CDC guidelines regarding things you can do to prevent illness and avoid being exposed to the virus. To protect the health of students, employees, visitors and others:
- Wash your hands often with soap and water for at least 20 seconds, especially after you have been in a public place, or after blowing your nose, coughing, or sneezing. If soap and water are not readily available, use an alcohol-based hand sanitizer with at least 60% alcohol.
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose, and mouth.
- Avoid close contact with people who are sick, even inside your household.
- Put distance between yourself and other people outside of your home. Stay at least 6 feet (about 2 arms' length) from other people. Do not gather in groups and stay out of crowded places and avoid mass gatherings.
- Remember to always cover your mouth and nose with a tissue when you cough or sneeze or use the inside of your elbow. Throw used tissues in the trash. Immediately wash your hands with soap and water for at least 20 seconds.
- Clean and disinfect frequently touched objects and surfaces using a regular household cleaning spray or wipe.
- Monitor your health. Watch for fever, cough, shortness of breath, or other symptoms of COVID-19.
- Symptomatic students, or students exposed to COVID-19, should exercise caution and quarantine per the Florida Department of Education Symptomatic Decision Tree.
Information and Resources
- University Planning
- University Messages and Updates
- Inclusive Campus
- Resources for Spiritual and Mental Health
- AdventHealth Church Resources
- Community Resource Hub
- Coronavirus Information Line