Dr. Fan is an Assistant Professor in the Masters of Occupational Therapy Program. She holds a bachelor’s degree in Occupational Therapy from National Cheng Kung University; a Master’s degree in Occupational Therapy from National Taiwan University and received her Ph.D. in Rehabilitation Sciences from University of Illinois at Chicago. Prior to coming to the United States for advanced study, she was a school-based occupational therapist serving seven elementary and middle schools in Taipei City. Dr. Fan currently teaches Occupational Therapy Theory & Models of Practice, Evidence-Based Practice, and Research Design. Her scholarly interests and expertise include measurement quality evaluation, Model of Human Occupation (MOHO) and client-therapist relationships. She has participated in several assessment developments and psychometric property examinations nationally and internationally, such as the Assessment of Work Performance (AWP), Clinical Assessment of Modes (CAM), and Model of Human Occupation Screening Tool (MOHOST). She is currently serving as an ad-hoc reviewer for American Journal of Occupational Therapy, American Journal of Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation and Rehabilitation Psychology.
- De las Heras, C. G., Fan, C. W., & Kielhofer, G. (2017). Dimensions of participation. Chapter 8. In Kielhofner’s Model of Human Occupation (5th Ed). Philadelphia, PA: Wolters Kluwer. ISBN-13: 978-1451190342.
- Taylor, R. & Fan, C. W. (2012). Managing pain in occupational therapy: Integrating the Model of Human Occupation and the Intentional Relationship Model. Chapter 17, In Cara, E. & MacRae, A. (3rd Ed). Psychosocial Occupational Therapy: A Clinical Practice. Clifton Park, NY: Delmar Cengage Learning. ISBN-13: 978-1111318307.
Selected Peer-Review Journal Articles
- Wong, S. R., Fan, C. W., Polatajko, H. (Accepted). Exploring culture and therapeutic communication: Lessons from an American and Singaporean study. American Journal of Occupational Therapy.
- Fan, C. W., Keponen, R., Piikki, S., Popova, J. & Taylor, R. R. (Accepted). Volitional Questionnaire: Psychometric Evaluation of the Finnish Translation. Scandinavian Journal of Occupational Therapy.
- Fan, C. W., Keponen, R., Piikki, S., Tsang, H., Popova, J. & Taylor, R. R. (2018). Psychometric evaluation of the Finish translation of the Assessment of Communication and Interaction Skills (ACIS-FI). Scandinavian Journal of Occupational Therapy. doi:10.1080/11038128.2018.1483425
- Fan, C. W., Morley, M., Garnham, M., Heaseman, D., Taylor, R. (2016). Examining changes in occupational participation in forensic patients using the Model of Human Occupation Screening Tool. British Journal of Occupational Therapy, 79(12), 727–733.doi:10.1177/0308022616651644.
- Fan, C. W. & Taylor, R. R. (2016). Assessing therapeutic communication during rehabilitation: The Clinical Assessment of Modes. American Journal of Occupational Therapy, 70 (4), 7004280010p1-7004280010p10. doi:10.5014/ajot.2016.018846.