Frequently Asked Questions

How do I sign the FAFSA?

You need to apply for a PIN (Personal Identification Number).
  • Go to
  • Under "Before Beginning a FAFSA" click on "Students and Parents Apply for a PIN"
  • You can print out the signature page, sign it and mail to the address on signature page

What is AHU/ADU Federal School Code number and address?

The code is 031155 and the address is 671 Winyah Drive, Orlando, FL 32803.

When do I apply for financial aid?

  • The FAFSA is available as of January each year. You need to apply every year for aid. AHU's award year is Fall through Summer. We recommend that you have your taxes completed before completing the FAFSA.
  • You can apply before applying to the school
  • You can apply while applying to the school
  • You can apply after applying to the school

If I only want Bright Futures and/or the FRAG what paperwork do I need to complete?

  • You need to complete the FAFSA for FRAG only.
  • You need to complete the AHU Aid Application.
  • Complete the Florida Residency Affidavit.

What type of Financial Aid is Available?

  • Federal Pell Grant
  • Federal Supplemental Educational Opportunity Grant (FSEOG)
  • Florida Student Assistance Grant (FSAG)
  • Florida Bright Futures Scholarship
  • Florida Resident Access Grant (FRAG)
  • Florida PrePaid Tuition Plan
  • Federal Stafford Loans - Subsidized and Unsubsidized
  • Federal Parent Loan (PLUS)
  • VA Benefits
  • Outside Private Grants and Scholarships

If I have a prior Bachelors Degree what kind of Financial Aid am I eligible for?

Loans and External Scholarships

How long will it be before I hear what I will receive?

It can be anywhere from 2-6 weeks from the time we have received all of the above items.

If the Student Aid Report (SAR)(this is the results from the FAFSA) says that I have been chosen for verification, what does this mean?

It means that you/your parent will need to supply one or more of the following items to our office so we can make sure the information you provided on the FAFSA is correct. For example:
  • IRS Tax Transcript for you and or your spouse and W-2's
  • IRS Tax Transcript for your parents and W-2's (for dependent students only)
  • Untaxed income verification
  • Documentation that you/your parents are separated
  • Verification of citizenship or immigrant status

When will I receive my financial aid?

Financial aid will be put on your student account after the end of the add/drop period. We must have all required items first. If the amount of financial aid you are receiving is more than your allowable charges at AHU, the credit balance will be paid to you (or your parents in the case of a Parent PLUS Loan) within 14 days. Any charges incurred after you have received your credit will be your responsibility to pay.

Do I have to attend full time to receive financial aid?

Undergraduate Financial Aid
Program Full Time 12 or more credits Half Time 6-11 credits Less than half time 1-5 credits
Federal Pell Grant X X X
Federal Supplemental Educational Opportunity Grant (FSEOG) X X
Federal Loan Programs X X
Florida Bright Futures X X
Florida Resident Access Grant (FRAG) X
Florida Student Assistance Grant (FSAG) X
AHU Endowed Scholarships X X
Graduate Financial Aid
Program Full Time 8 or more credits Half Time 4-7 credits
Federal Loan Programs X X
AHU Endowed Scholarships X X

What happens to my financial aid if I have to withdraw from my classes?

If you decide that you cannot complete a course or courses, it is very important that you follow proper withdrawal procedures. Withdrawals made before financial aid is paid or after financial aid is paid could result in a recalculation of your eligibility, based on your revised enrollment status. If you are taking a class that is not the full 14 weeks, please put in writing if you are currently attending other courses or plan to attend a future course during the same trimester. Complete withdrawal during the first 60% of the term will result in a prorated refund back to the financial aid program(s).

I have applied for financial aid at another institution. How do I transfer the information to AHU?

You need to make corrections to your SAR and put our school's Title IV code number, our University name and address by one of the following methods:
  • Visit and select FAFSA on the Web, then click on "Make Corrections to a Processed FAFSA."
  • On your SAR enter the information and send that into the Department of Education or send it to the Financial Aid Office for correction.
  • You will also have to fill out our aid application and be accepted to the University. If you are eligible for any State grants, please inform the Financial Aid Office.

How do I know which office to deal with regarding finances?

The Financial Aid Office is responsible for processing all of the financial aid documents you submit. Please contact them if you have questions regarding the status of your financial aid file, your award notification letter, loans, etc. The Business Office receives payments and posts charges to your account, establishes payment plans, and sends out your monthly statements. Special billings are also done out of this office.