Program Admission Requirements
Fall 2023 Application Deadline: May 1, 2023
Admission as a graduate student requires that the applicant:
- Apply online and a nonrefundable $50 dollar application fee. Admission files are not considered complete until the application fee is paid. Any documents received without an application on file will not be processed.
- Submit a non-refundable $500 dollar deposit upon acceptance to the DNP program. The fee applies toward tuition and holds a place in the current cohort.
- Submit official transcripts from all colleges previously attended. Admission GPAs will be calculated based on credits from regionally accredited institutions only. Failure to disclose all colleges previously attended could result in denial or dismissal.
- Applicants who attended a high school or college outside the United States will be required to submit a foreign credential evaluation for that coursework. Learn more about international student admissions.
- Submit a copy of an active unencumbered RN license for the state of residence.
- Hold a Master of Science or a Bachelor of Science degree in nursing with an overall cumulative GPA of 3.0 and nursing GPA of 3.0.
- Have a minimum of 2 years of direct patient care within the past 5 years for a clinical DNP.
- Will complete a live/virtual face-to-face interview.
- Must pass the drug screen and the FDLE background check as stipulated by AHU. Students with criminal backgrounds are not eligible to sit for the national certification boards and will not meet the requirements for acceptance into the program.
- Visit their state board’s website for the most updated and accurate information. Note that licensure eligibility determinations are ultimately determined by the appropriate state board that issues the credential to practice. If you are unsure whether you are eligible for the Graduate Nursing programs based on your state of residence, please contact our Admissions Managers.
To learn more about tuition costs and fees, visit our Tuition page. A variety of financial aid options, including local, national and AHU scholarships are available.
We encourage you to reach out to your current employer to learn if they offer tuition assistance. Learn more about AdventHealth employees tuition assistance.
Apply to Begin Your Online DNP
Start your admissions application today, or request more information to connect with our Admissions Counselors.